September 15th, 2013
Pastor’s Corner Live Every Sunday Night at 8pm EST
My first church had about 22 members – on Easter! After church, we could all go downstairs in the church, eat some chicken together and discuss my sermon or some other matter that was interesting to all of us. Now that I serve a much larger church and have much more responsibility, it feels a bit weird. It miss the interaction with regular people.
One of my young church members introduced me to a technology that can help me relieve some of this frustration. It’s called “Spreecast” and it allows us to be connected via our computers and have live chats together online. And there is no limit to how many of us can connect!
During these chats not everyone is able to see everyone else. (So you don’t have to worry about how you look – or don’t look). But everyone can join the chat and make comments or ask questions. And a few people who desire to do so are able to be on camera and be seen by everyone else. It really is quite exciting.
After a few of these live web chats, my staff and I have decided that we are going to to host the “Pastor’s Corner Live” every Sunday night on Spreecast.com for the rest of this year. I am inviting you and your family and friends to be a part of this ministry. If you have a computer with a web camera, that is all you need to participate. Here is what I am asking you to do:
1.Pray for me and the FBCLG staff as we plan and prepare these chats. Ask God to use this outreach to strengthen people of faith and to answer questions for people whose faith may be waning.
2. Click here and subscribe to our “Spreecast” channel (free). This will allow you to enter our chats with one click in the future.
3. Set an alarm to remind you to join the Sunday night chat with us.
4. Send your friends, family members and co-workers invitations to be a part of our Sunday night experience.
Thanks. I will see you Sunday at 8pm.
DeForest B. Soaries, Jr.
July 9th, 2013
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), the landmark health care legislation signed into law by President Obama on March 23, 2010, ushered in an unparalleled era of national healthcare reform in America. Although ACA was designed to provide affordable healthcare alternatives and improve healthcare for everyone, little information has been provided about ACA’s benefits.
Did you know?
- Open enrollment for the Affordable Care Act begins October 1, 2013?
- The Affordable Care Act allows young adults to stay on their parents’ policies until age 26?
- Insurance companies can no longer deny you coverage for pre-existing conditions or drop your coverage, if you get sick?
- Network providers in your insurance company must offer 15 preventive services and health screenings for adults, 22 for women and 26 for children with no co-pay, no co-insurance and no concern about meeting your deductible?
- The Affordable Care Act mandates that every insurance company must use 80% of your premium dollars for direct medical services to you? If they do not meet that standard, you will get a rebate on your premium.
- If you have a small business (less than 50 employees), the government can pay for up to 35% of your medical costs for your employees? (will be implemented 2014)
- It is illegal for insurance companies to charge women higher premiums than men?
First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens (FBCOLG) is collaborating with state agencies, private and community organizations, and churches to provide timely information about ACA so you can become informed and educated. Our priority is to inform FBCOLG church members and community residents first and others as resources allow. The more you learn the facts about the Affordable Care Act, the better the decisions you can make about your healthcare.
Stay tuned for information about ACA’s benefits, timelines, eligibility, choosing insurance exchanges and enrollment requirements.
Department, Pastoral Care and Counseling First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens
Affordable Care Act “Ambassador Training” August 24th
9:30AM – 12PM
First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens Training is Free!!
Please join us for ACA Ambassador’s Training at First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens. This training is designed to educate church leaders, educators, community workers and local leaders about the Affordable Care Act so they can inform others about the program. Attendees will learn about benefits, timelines, eligibility and enrollment requirements and how to navigate the health insurance marketplace to choose an insurance provider. For more information, call the church office at (732) 828-2009.